Knitting is an art that has been passed on from generations in families. There is so much to this art right from, making different, beautiful patterns on a scarf or knitting a jersey for your loved one to the soothing effect it brings on your mind especially when life gets monotonous. Each one of us can remember our grandmothers sitting on couches right before the winter is about to start with different yarns and knitting beautiful bright threads of yarn into cozy and warm sweaters. It might look very easy for them to do this in all those years, but there is so much that goes into the process of knitting right from choosing the right kind of yarn from all different varieties and the perfect needles for the kind of clothing you want to knit. Here are a few things to keep in mind while choosing the right kind of yarn and needles:
– If you are not someone who has any idea about how to knit, there are only a few basic steps you need to know to call yourself a knitter. You can always go online and watch videos on the basic steps of knitting.
– Now once you know what are the basic steps to follow when knitting?the next and the most important step is to choose the right kind of yarn according to your requirement.
– The two major things to consider when buying a yarn are the thickness and color of the yarn. It is preferred to get one with medium thickness if you are a beginner and buy the thinner and thicker ones after you have had some experience with knitting. Bright colors are preferred to help you see clearly when you start knitting.
– The thickness will also depend on the kind of product or clothing you want to make. Bernat knitting yarn is used for blankets and there are many other kinds like, hello cotton yarn, caron yarn, sugar, and cream yarn. You can get these from yarn warehouses or even online from different sites.
– There are different color options and also different pattern ideas you can get online.
– While choosing the yarn you have to keep in mind your requirements of the clothing you are knitting and also for whom because the weight and thickness the other person would be comfortable with changes your choice of the yearn entirely.
– The next step would be to choose the needle. Beginners are asked to use wooden needles because the yarn does not slip off of them and is also safe on untrained hands. It is also advised to order a few extra pairs of different kinds of needles which will help you try other kinds of yarns and patterns.
– The size of needles also depends on the task you want to start, use longer needles if the task of knitting is a huge one, although a medium-sized one is usually preferred for beginners.
The process of knitting seems complicated but when you put in a little effort it is easy to learn and very interesting.