If you’ve finally decided to work on your health and your body but are conscious of going out to a store, trying on gym clothes and getting judgemental looks from the workers there. You’ll turn to online shopping, the savior of many who are in need but are reluctant in heading out. Plus buying clothes from the comfort of your home with hundreds and thousands of options, deals, varieties and the convenience of returning it. Shopping online has become the new trend but for a beginner it can be overwhelming and if you’re a beginner then this guide will help you navigate your way around buying gym clothes online. If you’re investing in improving yourself physically then you must invest in the right gear as well. Going to the gym in a loose pajama and baggy t-shirt may seem comfortable and may even be but exercising wearing the wrong clothing could just land you with an injury and you’re bound to spend months in the same pajamas and t-shirt when you’re recovering. Here are some things to look out for when buying gym clothes online which’ll help you make a sound decision-
1. Quality Check- Products on the net may seem deceiving, i mean after all you’re just looking at pictures and unless you actually hold the piece of clothing in your hand you can’t really know about its quality. So with the online handicap, you must turn to the customer reviews section and scour through them. Look for genuine reviews, look for pictures uploaded by the customer, look for actual customer testimonials. Only purchase a certain product when you’re fully satisfied with what it’s offering, the price and the testimonials. You don’t want buyers remorse but in case you do get it, make sure to check the return policy section.
2. Size- Whip out the measuring tape and size yourself top to bottom. Since you’re shopping online, you won’t have the luxury to try on different sizes to know where you fit. Make sure to use the size chart given on the site, as it’s not a one size fits all. Size varies depending on what brand you’re getting. Too loose or too tight and you’ll end up looking like a newb on your first day at the gym.
3. Don’t sweat it- You’re going to the gym and not the movie where’ll you get to sit in the AC. You’re gonna sweat and if you’re planning on getting in a good, effective workout, you’re gonna sweat plenty. You don’t wanna be known as the guy whose sweat flies off into the unknown and slaps the guy next to you. Make sure to look for “Dry Fit” as it’s breathable and doesn’t let sweat get in the way of you and your goals.
4. Reliable- Tried and tested is recommended by many as it works well. Scroll through websites that are well known and have been serving and satisfying customers. Popular websites are popular because they provide genuine service and customer satisfaction.
5. Goal- Your goal in the gym will dictate the kind of gear and clothing you buy for your gym time. Most gym clothes are multi purpose and will aid your workout regardless of intensity. But if you have a specific goal, then you need specific gear. Keep a clear goal in mind, it’ll help in deciding your choice of clothing.
6. Price- Price and budget dictates the modern man as we must plan out our finances or our whole life falls apart. Budgeting is important and so is saving money. But in your pursuit for the same, your health is important as well and investing in yourself is more important than investing in new stocks and crypto. Make sure to buy the best, so it survives wear and tear and doesn’t backfire in your workouts. You don’t wanna end up with a fractured knee just because you got 5 shady, cheap quality shorts for the price of 1.